Dr. Zhen Bai, who co-leads the ROCHCI group (http://roc-hci.com/), is welcoming PhD applicants to join the Department of Computer Science at University of Rochester from fall 2019. She is seeking talented students with a passion for innovating human-machine systems that intersect Human-Computer Interaction and Artificial Intelligence, with a special focus on Augmented Reality, Tangible User Interface, and Intelligent Social Agent to shape the future of learning, collaboration and quality of life. The PhD position will be fully funded and there is no application fee for the program.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
- Solid computer programming skills
- Experience in user interface design and/or evaluation
- Experience or strong interest in one or more of Augmented and Virtual Reality, game development, embedded systems, machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision
- Excited about interdisciplinary research
- Strong English writing and speaking abilities
ROCHCI is a hub of interdisciplinary research across computer science, human-computer interaction, and data science. We strive for technical and design novelty in advancing scientific discovery and addressing real-life challenges in social interaction, learning and healthcare. We develop advanced affective computing, multimodal, conversational agent, and embodied user interfaces for people with diverse abilities and needs. At ROCHCI, we raise students’ creativity and independence through a supportive, collaborative and inclusive learning environment that respects diverse academic and cultural backgrounds and connects talented minds across local
and international research communities.
Please contact Dr. Zhen Bai firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss research opportunities. Guidelines for PhD program and applications can be found at: https://www.cs.rochester.edu/graduate/how-to-apply.html. The application deadline is December 15th , 2018, and there is no application fee.